|Bringing Back Holleywood||
gatehouse greetings from 1932
Turns out that writing on windows was something they did at the Gatehouse, too. Thanks to Lindsey for waiting for just the right light to capture this shot from their dining room window.
Clawfoot tub (originally set up on April 21, 1915, according to signatures!) is removed for cleaning and will be reinstalled in bath in the second floor service wing.
Sunday afternoon, April 23, 1876
The earliest date we've found yet, pencilled at the top of a door to the "cistern room" on the third floor. Matt created a pointer so we'd be sure to see it.
who we are
We are a couple of Upper West Siders from NYC who never set out to buy an old mansion in Connecticut. But the moment we walked through its massive front door, we were smitten. The info on this site is earnestly cobbled from a variety of sources, including the web. Please let us know if we've gotten something wrong, or if there's a story about Holleywood you'd like to share.